Jul 19, 2006

Shagadelic

The carpet has been installed. No more hemming and hawing about whether to go dark or light, we went in between.



I would show you the pic of the spare room, but I'm kind of embarrassed by it. We painted it "blue whale" and I kind of hate it. It is exactly the reason I was scared to paint any room blue - it's so easy to make it look like a blueberry. If you want to imagine the room, just imagine this...



Only a thousand of them would have to be glued to the wall.

On other notes - I've misplaced my knitting patterns in a box somewhere and it's killing me because I'm craving a new project. I have NOT finished my tempting sweater yet, but I don't care. Give me a new project!! You know who has been knitting, though...Shari.



Here's Amber's Nolan at 6 months in his new sweater from Grandma. I've never seen a kid so happy to be wearing a hand knit sweater in 90 degree weather. He must love his Grandma...and knitting.

6 comments:

patty said...

The room pictured looks GREAT!!! I'm not sure which one it is, but job well done!

I still want to see the whale blue room. Is that the one that will be the "nursery?" The walls can be covered with pictures to break down the color. Give us a peak!

Nolan is adorable as is his sweater. Good job Shari! Wish I could do the same. My fingers are usually too tired after work (washing scopes all day) to pick up my needles. One of these days though, I'll get inspired.

Anonymous said...

I like the blue room. Check that i LOVE the blue room. It's blue and awesome and it's not afraid of what it is, a blue room with a 'tude.

It's going to look kick-ass with the off-white duvet cover and the images of lighthouses all over.

When the bed is in there, with the puffy duvet, it's going to seem like you're on a cloud, a cloud of awesome, just waiting take you to a dreamland of wonder.

Do I sound overly-optimistic? Good. Because I am! natch.

patty said...

Wow! Brian's post has me convinced the Chuckalicious and I will have to spend a night in the puffy, comfy blue room! I think it will really grow on you!

patty said...

I finally recognize the "master" bedroom! The angle of the picture is from the new dressing room! Duh, patty!

Kim Davis said...

Angie, give the blue a shot with furniture. It'll break up the need for sunglasses. I can see that Brian is not one for repainting. I think part of it is that we're not used to bright/dark colors in our own houses because (1) we've never painted any of our apts and (2) our moms never painted their houses that bold

Speaking of my mom, she reads this blog all the time. MOM--start posting comments--everyone else's moms do! You can even do it as anonymous but just type your name at the end of the message.

Anonymous said...

Well, I thought I'd provide an alternate view, since everyone else seems to be in favor of the blue room. Our master bedroom was painted what I call "painter's tape blue" (it is exactly the same bright blue as that) when we moved in. I hated it. I don't think anything would have gone with it. So, we repainted it. I'm assuming that painter's tape blue is similar to blue jay blue...so I vote no on the bright color. What did you decide?