Jul 12, 2006

So You Think You Can....Rock My World


If you're not watching "So You Think You Can Dance" - then you're missing the coolest thing on t.v. right now. Hands down. Brian would beg to differ everytime I turn on that TiVo, but I swear, I just want to watch the show over and over. It's t.v. viewing crack.

I have to admit, I've never watched before this season. I thought the show was a lame teeny-bopper attempt at "American Idol." Boy was I sorely mistaken. These are talented kids. The show is similar to "Dancing with the Stars" in that I get to see some ballroom, but I also get to see a lot of fun dancing like broadway, pop, and hip-hop. Unlike "Dancing with the Stars," they really know what they are doing. I can't believe all they'll get out of this is a year gig dancing with Celine Dion. That should be the booby prize.

For my blog readers who already watch the show - who do you pick for the win? I have my own favorites, but I honestly love greater than 1/2 of them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe if you spent less time watching this horrible show and more time fixing your house, you would have a level oven to cook you cakes in. Oh, snap.

amy said...

this is my first season of watching also. i really like alison and heidi. they are definitely my top 2 picks!

Angie said...

Heidi is not really my favorite. I don't think it's her fault, she just reminds me of someone from my middle school years...a little too over the top.
I loooved the Hairspray routine. It made me want to do the mashed potato.

Chris said...

Well the only time I got to watch this show was when I was in California, away from Ben and HIS remote. I thought it was an awesome show, I wished I could dance like them. I will definately have to watch next season. By the way, I have proven to my dance teacher that I can be in advanced jazz and tap, yeah!

Kim Davis said...

Why is tv in the summer so boring? Are we supposed to all be outside all night? I only watched this show once and wasn't into it enough to watch again, but at least it's a new series and not just some old re-runs. Sorry Ang.

Anonymous said...

I really have nothing to say about the show, but I did want to say Hi and let you know that I was catching up on your blog. This is really a pointless comment because I am going to call you tonight anyway.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!!! And Matt probably won't admit it, but I suspect he loves it too(well he watches it w/me!) My favorite is definitely Benji. How can you not love him? He is such a fantastic dancer and soo freaking entertaining. AND, he is adorable is his nerdy little way. I like Donyelle too, but I don't think she'll win. My predictions for this weeks bottom 4--Ryan and Ivan and either Heidi or Natalie.