Jul 16, 2006

And the Beat Goes On

This weekend just flew by, and so did the projects! Brian got a new toy to amuse himself...



I got to go berserk with pruning shears on this travesty....



I have decided that even though these aren't weeds, they sure grow like 'em. The bottoms are so thin and gangly with far too top-heavy flowers. The only thing they're good for is making the world's largest bouquet.



We had the great help of Brian's (and I dare say my) friends Carl and Jessie on Saturday. While Jessie and I painted away, the boys decided to take on a more "manly" project. Don't ask me why, but they were so proud that they got this accomplished.


I guess the outlet behind the stove was just lying on the floor and was quite a safety hazard. It wasn't too surprising to me seeing as how we have found so many things done haphazardly in our house. In the end, our microwave was successfully rehung in it's rightful place. I say "rehung" because that's where it was before the previous owner tried to make off with it. I love it! AND, our oven is now level!



There were lots of small accomplishments this weekend, but I have to say I was most proud of Brian dabbling in electric work. That stuff still frightens me. I know the breaker is turned off, but I'm still waiting for a wire to be live. We got a great deal on a beautiful drop lamp for our diningroom - it has a little Frank Lloyd Wright style going on in the stained glass.

And for all of you who question why it's so great to live in Holland - we also got the chance to do a little R&R. Never mind the fact that we were the whitest people on the beach. I'm surprised people didn't step on us since we blended so well with the sand!

4 comments:

Kim Davis said...

Electrical always scares me, too. Looks like Brian did a great job with it. I can't wait to see the house in person!!

patty said...

Congratulations on some great projects! Glad you got some good r/r though. Watch Brian and those tools! Interestingly he didn't use too many while at home. Maybe because he was gone once he was a junior in college! Anyway, glad he's comfortable with the projects. The chuckalicious i very proud!

Anonymous said...

electrical is easy, check the breaker, black goes with black, white with white and just make sure you ground the wires. lather. repeat.

simple.

Anonymous said...

You guys are pretty white.

Wanna hang out this weekend?