Jul 20, 2006

Lie to me...



Lie to me Jonny Lang. Tell me my hair looks beautiful, even though it's quite fro-like from the 70% humidity during your outdoor concert. Lie to me and tell me my husband doesn't look like my brother. Lie to me and tell me that my knitted socks are the coolest thing anyone has ever worn to one of your concerts.

I was lucky enough to attend my second Jonny Lang concert tonight - courtesy of Frederik Meijer Gardens. It was awesome!! He is incredibly smooth, and I find his music toe-tapping terrific. I slid my way into the v.i.p. section and got to hang out at the meet & greet. Of course, I was too shy to say much more than "duh, you were so great." Ah, the perks of having a husband who does p.r. for a non-profit. In person, I thought Jonny looked very much like a Dodds family member.

Well, we're off to the wonderful Warren Dunes for a weekend camping voyage. I hope you all have a relaxing weekend.

4 comments:

Kim Davis said...

Do you think he looks like my brother Brian? I don't see any resemblance to my family!! See you tomorrow for some camping!

Matt Stratton said...

Yay camping! Carrie and I are very excited.

patty said...

Ah the perks of being an insider! Can you get me close when John Corbet comes and Kenny Loggins?!?!?! What a feeling that would be for an old mom!

You should have a wonderful camping weekend, with the cooler temps. Have fun all!

Hi Yvonne!

Angie said...

Mom, no offense, but I don't know if a 20-something year old rock star wants to hear "My mom loves you!"