Jul 2, 2006

Celebrate your Freedom!

I have the freedom to paint my house whatever color of the rainbow I please!



Yep, those are really our colors. Upstairs and downstairs, respectively. Hope they're not too loud.

We have the right to congregate in public and peacefully celebrate our nation's independence.
This is the Holland fireworks. They had a wonderful church choir singing patriotic songs synchronized to the fireworks. I loved it, despite the intermittent rain.



I have the distinct pleasure of being able to knit in public while awaiting a spectacular display of fireworks.



(I know you all must be sick of seeing these socks - I promised they're almost done!!) I need to think of a fun new (small) project, any ideas for me? I still have to finish the "Tempting" top before I take on the shrug I bought yarn for.

I get to live, love, work and play every day with virtually no conflict or threat to my well-being. What a great nation, eh? Happy Independence Day everyone!



Brian's parents helped us rip the rest of the carpet from upstairs on Sunday...so much for the "day of rest." But Monday PM (I'm working in the AM) and Tuesday we'll kick up our feet at the Burch's cottage on Whitefish Lake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am knitting a scarf out of ribbon yarn- it is supposed to self fringe when done. I bought the yarn & pattern from Fibre House in GH. Let me know if you are interested.
Love the colors of your house.

Kim Davis said...

If you replace your bright yellow with a spicy orange and eliminate the darker green, those are the colors of our house, too. No wonder we're friends. We just bought our 2 blues for downstairs because they were on sale for 25% off. Now we just have to drywall so I have something to paint!