Jun 19, 2007

Random Bloggings

Well, I did find the Zulugrass bracelets and managed to pick out a few of my favorite colors. They were a bit pricey, but it was a feel good buy because I knew the money was not only supporting a local business, but also the craftwork of Kenyans.



My garden is coming along fine...I think. The leaves were a bit trampled after the heavy rain last night, but they perked up with the day's sun. Our Mesclun salad mix seems ready for eating. Still only that one lone green pepper....no tomatoes. I'll keep my fingers crossed. The squirrels like to play in the garden, but they haven't been munching (yet).



Here's my latest work in progress.



This is the Retro Rib Socks pattern from Interweave's Favorite Socks book. The yarn is Louet Gems. This is actually the first time I've made socks in a solid color and I have to say I really like it. It definitely lends itself better to the more detailed stitch patterns. After this, I may have to go to a simpler pattern. This pattern is definitely higher maintenance than most.

BTW - have all of the knitters heard of Ravelry? This is an online knit/crochet community where you catalogue your projects, needles, and stash. There are many opportunities to "make friends" with other knitters. I have my name on the invite list. They're allowing people to slowly sign up while they work out all of the kinks.

Lastly - the hightlight of my day - I got the opportunity to meet baby Fiona tonight. She is precious. I did not get to see her eyes, but I've heard they're beautiful. She definitely has some nice dark curly hair. Mom and Dad are coping quite well and were kind enough to explain all of her machines to us. She had a procedure yesterday to drain blood from her chest. She is still on the lung bypass machine, which they will continue to work on weaning. Hopefully she'll have surgery in the next week. She still needs our prayers for her lungs to continue developing so the bypass (ECMO) can be turned down.

No comments: