May 13, 2006

I told you so

Sorry it has been so long since I posted....I've been thinking about it, just not so much acting on my thoughts. This week we had our home inspection and it passed. So, the process moves on. I'm ashamed to say, that our first expenses on the house resulted in an overdrawn checking account. Our mortgage company decided to hold on to our depost and cash it at will. Bouncing a check makes me feel like such a child. Just goes to show how expensive having a house can be!!

Other words of wisdom from this week...listen to your doctor, no matter how much you think you know yourself. I had a few moles biopsied from my legs. The doctor advised leaving the stitches in for two weeks. I thought, what does he know, you only have to leave them in for 10 days on legs. The wounds looked good, so I went ahead and removed the stitches myself. Following that, I went to the gym. In the simple act of pulling up my sock, I split the wound at my ankle wide open. Brian ran into me at the front desk as I hobbled out to go take care of my bleeding wound and all he could say was "I told you so." Someone needs to remove that phrase from the English language.

Lastly, in one of the few sunny days this week, I made it to the Tulip Festival to see my Dutch dancing. The Klompen dancers are area highschool students who volunteer to dance. They were entertaining and even provided a fashion show at the end. They did a rockette kick line in their big ole' wooden shoes. Pretty cool, but I learned, not authentic at all. They really just do it for the tourists.

2 comments:

patty said...

So glad the house passed inspection. When is the move? Let us know when we can help.

Don't sweat the bounced check. It happens to everyone at least once. Remember what Tim H. said about being a homeowner?!

The sock that caused the bleeder hopefully wasn't one of your hand knitted I hope. Watch those moles.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear about your new house! I hope I get to see it!

Amber