May 27, 2006

Memorial Day


Happy Memorial Day everyone! I'll be on hiatus at my old stompin' grounds, Wampler's Lake. I'm looking forward to a three day weekend of rest and relaxation with the family. I plan on knitting, fishing, maybe a little sunning (with 30 spf) and some beer drinking. Woo-hoo! It's not often that we get an 80 degree Memorial Day.

I hope you all enjoy yourself equally as well. I'll see you next week.

P.S. Check the pic above. I pulled it off of google images. It's probably from the 70s, the view is from Hayes State Park on Wampler's. It just makes me smile.

5 comments:

Meagan said...

70's ? i'm not seeing the 70's in that picture. maybe late 80's... but i'm guessing 90's. at any rate, i'm excited to get in some fishing and beer myself! :)

Kim said...

I agree with your sister--90s. I wish I wasn't doing wedding junk and I could be sprawled out on the dock, too!

Angie said...

Okay, I just saw the foam noodles. I guess it isn't that ancient. Oh well.

patty ann said...

Picnicking and splashing in the water are timeless. That picture could have been the 1940's if the swim noodles weren't such a give-away.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.