May 19, 2006

You've got to have Faith

I had the opportunity to watch a few Oprah episodes on TiVo tonight because Brian was busy on the computer. I seem to just let the episodes pile up and neglect to watch them. I don't know why, because every time I watch an episode, I am so happy that I did. I learned about domestic abuse and heard the story of a lady who's ex-husband doused her with gasoline and burned her alive. She is so strong and speaks about her beauty from within. I learned of the genocide in Sudan and cried for the children who walk two hours at night so that they can hide from the rebel army who will capture them and turn them into killers. I also learned of miracles. This dog named Faith was born with only two legs. Her family took time to coax her to stand with peanut butter as motivation. She now walks just like a human.



As I sat there on my couch knitting, I remembered all of the reasons why I am blessed, and I am reminded to share my blessings with others...

2 comments:

Angie said...

Why would we be making lemon drop martinis?

Anonymous said...

I hate it. That video haunts me.