May 19, 2006

You've got to have Faith

I had the opportunity to watch a few Oprah episodes on TiVo tonight because Brian was busy on the computer. I seem to just let the episodes pile up and neglect to watch them. I don't know why, because every time I watch an episode, I am so happy that I did. I learned about domestic abuse and heard the story of a lady who's ex-husband doused her with gasoline and burned her alive. She is so strong and speaks about her beauty from within. I learned of the genocide in Sudan and cried for the children who walk two hours at night so that they can hide from the rebel army who will capture them and turn them into killers. I also learned of miracles. This dog named Faith was born with only two legs. Her family took time to coax her to stand with peanut butter as motivation. She now walks just like a human.



As I sat there on my couch knitting, I remembered all of the reasons why I am blessed, and I am reminded to share my blessings with others...

5 comments:

patty ann said...

You know, Deacon Gene Hausmann calls Oprah "a modern day prophet". On the miracles episode, I was especially moved by the little boy who called 911 and believed angels lifted him up. Did you see that Oprah's father is in his 70's still barbering, and he said when he can't make people look good anymore he'll retire. Anyone making lemon drop martinis Monday night???

Angie said...

Why would we be making lemon drop martinis?

patty ann said...

You haven't heard of the Legends Ball Oprah hosted? They even spoofed it on SNL. Only problem with the Legends Ball, Tom and Katie. Some also aren't too fond of John Travolta. But you gotta love Diane Sawyer.

patty ann said...

Sorry, my bad. The network has been running clips from Oprah's 50th birthday party and confusing me. The legends ball was (I believe) all women of color. They got together to celebrate the sisterhood.

rev dave said...

I hate it. That video haunts me.